- A list of potential players for each Chapter will be compiled from the Intent to Play forms, ordered by Chapter then Handicap Index, lowest to highest.
- Teams will be limited to the 12 players with the lowest Handicap Indexes. Chapters with less than 12 eligible players will be combined with players from other Chapters in the Region to form a complete team.
- Regional Qualifier will be limited to 10 teams. If a Region has more than 10 teams, teams will be selected by lot. Those teams not receiving a spot in the current year will be on a priority list for the following year.
- After teams have been formed, a Team Confirmation form listing the selected players will be sent to each player. Each team must confirm receipt of the form and submit their selection of a Team Captain. The Captain may or may not be a member of the team.
- Any player who is not selected for a team will receive a refund of their Intent to Play fee.
Team event comprised of 36 holes of singles match play competition. All participants must have a basic knowledge of Match Play rules set forth by the USGA. 100% Handicaps will be used to determine the number of strokes a player gives or receives for a match.
At any time during the Champions Cup Matches, the Committee reserves the right to adjust a player’s Handicap Index if her performance is not reflective of her handicap, or based on knowledge of the player’s failure to post all acceptable scores, or otherwise not observing the spirit of the USGA Handicap System.
The index must be verifiable and up-to-date by the effective date published for each level of competition in order to be eligible for competition. Competitors at all levels of the Champions Cup will be responsible for ensuring that their verified Handicap Index is accurate. Disputes to the verified index must be supported by printed verification based on the published handicap verification date.
Competitors earn 1 point for a win, and ½ point for a tie towards their team’s total. The teams earning the highest number of points over the 2 rounds will advance to compete for the EWGA Champions Cup. At the qualifying level, regions with 7 or less teams will advance 1 team, and regions of 8-10 teams will advance two teams.
Entries are open to all EWGA Chapter members in good standing who:
- Are female amateur golfers*
- Have a verifiable USGA Handicap Index
- Have a handicap index not exceeding 25.0 at the time of Intent to Play submission. handicap index not exceeding 25.0 handicap index not exceeding 25.0
Prior to registering for the Champions Cup and at any level of advancement, players must be EWGA Chapter members with current membership processed and on record at EWGA.
Players must have an established USGA Handicap Index and have an equivalent of three (3) 18-hole scores posted to their handicap record in the current year prior to the handicap cut-off date for their respective Regional Qualifier.
Players with less than the minimum requirements posted in 2011 will not be eligible to compete. To establish a USGA Handicap Index, a player must post the minimum equivalent of five (5) 18-hole scores prior to the next handicap revision date.
The EWGA Champions Cup is an amateur competition conducted under the direction of the EWGA Association Headquarters (EWGA). Competition is in Match Play Format in two stages of play:
- Regional Qualifier – 36 holes of singles match play to be completed over 2 days at 4 regional qualifiers determining which teams will advance to the National Championship. Each qualifier will host two regions of teams and take place in September. Click on REGIONALS for more information.
- National Championship – 36 holes of singles match play, completed over 2 days. To be held at the Reunion Resort in Orlando, FL November 11-13, 2011
All players who wish to compete in the EWGA Champions Cup must meet eligibility requirements and submit their Intent to Play before the set deadline.